Monday, September 15, 2008

Welcome !


Hello everyone!

This blog is for the sole purpose of showing my progress for my senior project work in preperation for one of the most important exhibitions of my life, my last exhibition as a student. I have already started my work, as I am developing a project based on my blanket series work that I've been developing for the past three years. I shall first give you a re-cap of alot of the work I've already done, and then as I figure out how to use this blogger, I shall start updating you all with the project development as it comes along.

The purpose of this is so that I get feedback from my friends and peers. I am looking for constructive criticism so please don't hold back. Express yourself and let me know what you think ! The more comments I get, the more attention I shall give this blog. So it's up to you to help me out :)

Until I start uploading images, please take some time and check out my website : http://www.altamashurooj.com and also my deviant art account : http://altamashu.deviantart.com

Be good now,
Altamash.

5 comments:

Mona Ayyash said...

alt,
your blanket things rocks. but don't let a good thing go sour. be careful to not get too commercial. i like the fact that you are stepping out of the studio. im dying to see the underwater work. i think the fabric will look so fluid and i can imagine ur 'evil' blanket trying to engulf the other. good luck

Cimazzam said...

i think The blanket under water would look incredible, the flowiness and the subtle movements would look really stunning in a photo.
you should also try wetting the blanket and taking photos of that too.
I know you are a bit confused about which direction to take you blanket product, but choose wisely because it might go sour like Mona said.

But you are doing the right thing by experimenting with location, the texture of the fabric and all that. It will all come to you soon.

Good luck hun :*

Nadia Hamidi said...

I'm agreeing with Mona on this one when she said don't let a good thing go sour, but also on that note, experimentation is key in order for a project to grow. Looking forward to see the blanket project be set in all sorts of interesting locations.. Beach... desert maybe?

Be careful with the fabric you end up using though, I think why the red (stretchy) one worked is because of how the details would show through it.

w00t!!

Cimazzam said...

post something already...

i was so impressed with your presentation today. You really took your blanket project to the next level.
Out of the studio it is...

The desert ones were absolutely gorgeous and so were the beach ones. I'm leaning towards the desert more.

shoot until you drop....

i'm so proud of you :)

Myriam said...

Thank you dear for sending me the link to your blog, and being able to understand the evolution of your concept. I especially like your line "My photographs are a visualization of the expression of the soul." Yes, we tend to cover ourselves with many layers. I like the blanket idea because of the effect result: I see movement, flow....I want to touch the figures and talk to them.
Good luck..and good night...muah! and congrats!!!