Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Why So Senior?


Hungry?


One of the advantages of being in the art world is that my work need not be spoon fed to it's audience. I expect you to put as much as you can on your plate, and chew the content on your own. If you can't swallow it, not my problem :)

I would sincerely appreciate comments, advice, critiques, hate mails, compliments, remarks, observations, reflections, opinions, reactions etc. I stay in my own head alot and some outside perspective is always welcome.

Now, because I don't need to spoonfeed you art enthusiasts, instead of going on and on trying to explain conceptual basis and visual expression, I would much rather barrage you with a bunch of images. Let it be known that I am on a hardcore experimental streak as I felt that my work might end up being a bit repetitive ( or in culinary terms 'sour' ) I have decided to take drastic steps to show you what I have up my sleeve. No titles, just images. Tell me what you like. Tell me what you don't. What would you buy? What makes sense to you? What makes you feel? What makes you want to close this window and watch south park for a while? Which images inspires you ? What do you think my work is expressing? What narratives do you see ? These are some questions. Make up your own ! Go mad ! I'm hungry ! I want your aesthetic and synthetic sense to feed me.

____________________________









ha. ha. ha. ha. ho. he. ha. ha. ho.

More updates coming soon.
Im travelling for an assistant photojob to Kuwait and Jordan and Abu Dhabi and Dubai from the 26th to the 15th, so im going to be off the radar for a bit.

If any of you want to buy my prints, do not hesitate to contact me.

Im finished !

6 comments:

hindiskander said...

altamash i love the new photographs, especially the ones at the beach and the desert, i really dont think the pool scene works .., i dont know i think its because the tiles are a bit distracting...thats just my opinion... but really im in love with the beach and sand scenes.. u can make postcards and give them out in the exhibition.. good luck .. =)

Anonymous said...

altamash i like the picture that has many figures in, it reminds me of the movie (the devil's advocate) the part that the sculptural figures are moving.
I think your work is becoming stronger... keep up the good work!

Mona Ayyash said...

ive always been a fan of your work. you have managed to make this work of art so versatile. i love what i see. to me there is nothing that is right or wrong with your images. if i must be fussy i would advise you to stay away from cluttered backgrounds. simplicity is key. i want to see this figure everywhere. the sky's the limit for you.

ayah odeh said...

ALTAMASH....... your photographs are just perfect. while looking at your pictures, i didnt think that you should exclude any of them. The ones in the pool looked like a drowning spider-man......Goodluck!!!

ayah odeh said...

ALTAMASH....... your photographs are just perfect. while looking at your pictures, i didnt think that you should exclude any of them. The ones in the pool looked like a drowning spider-man......Goodluck!!!

Unknown said...

I love how much you're playing with the concept <3
I dunno if I just never noticed before, but the first few photos have a new texture as far as the fabric goes, right? It looks awesome. You should think about diving into that more. Loads of fabrics to play around with, I think it could go somewhere.