Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tower of Souls.

My visuals have changed considerably since I started off with this project and I
have settled on one wall/tower of souls.

It will still be called the Vast Expanse as a project as it is still based off the experimentation
I did, but Tower of souls has a ring to it that really fits.



So that is the basis of the images I shall be displaying in the Gallery on the first. Similar towers of figures. About 3 for certain. maybe more.


.......and teeming with souls it shall ever be.

There are alot of other photographs that I have neglected to put up on the blog, sort of on purpose as they don't work and I am constantly reminded to self edit.

So enough !

Burj Souls is where I'm headed.

Rouh Emarat.

Go back to sleep.

5 comments:

Areej Al Hammadi said...

hahah Burj Souls. love it.
it also reminds me of Akram's ..drawing from freehand drawing II for the "mural", I think. but its different.
I really wish you could print them REAL BIG. nonetheless, I still think it will look good.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Can't you print them real big? Don't tell me there are restrictions for size because I can just imagine how fucking awesome it would be to have it take up the wall from floor to ceiling like a real pillar.

As far as the image itself goes, did you mean to have the top part blur into itself more than the bottom? I'd think it'd be more power if there was no blurrage or ghostliness.

Anonymous said...

love the concept.

would look beautiful if it would be printed big.

Burj. Yes, send them an email man..maybe they will sponsor the printing.

love...
cant wait to see the whole thing

myriam susana

Anonymous said...

I love the Tower of Souls.

Remember how this all started? You messing around with the pink sheet at uni... looking for inspiration. Your project really has come a long way!

I don't know much about art, but I can tell you what I think from a non-artist point of view: Your stuff is original...dark... creepy... beautiful.

Anonymous said...

(it's Lana by the way :))