Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Vast Expanse

I acknowledge the privilege of being alive
In a human body at this moment,

Endowed with senses, memories, emotions, thoughts, And the space of mind in its wisdom aspect.

It is the prayer of my innermost being
To realize my supreme identity
In the liberated play of consciousness,
The Vast Expanse.

Now is the moment,
Here is the place of Liberation.

Witness the contents of mind,
The visions and sounds, the thoughts,
As clouds passing through the vast expanse -
The sky-like nature of mind.

The rootedness of Being is in emptiness,
clarity and awareness:

Unborn, unspoilt, stainlessly pure.

The infinite vibratory levels,
The dimensions of interconnectedness
Are without end.

There is nothing independent.
All beings and things are residents
in your awareness.

I subject my awareness to the perfection of being,
The perfection of wisdom and perfection of love,
All of these being co-present in the Vast Expanse.

I share this panorama of Being
And appreciate all I can share it with...

The seamless interweaving of consciousness
With each moment
Create perfection wherever you go
With your awareness.

That is why this teaching is admired by artists--
They sense the correctness of the response
to life as creative.

Life is infinite creative play.

Enjoyment and participation in this creative play
Is the artists profound joy.

We co-author every moment
With universal creativity.

To bare our souls is all we ask,
To give all we have to life
And the beings surrounding us.

Here the nature spirits are intense
And we appreciate them, make offerings to them--
These nature spirits who call us here--
Sealing our fate with each other, celebrating our love.

I am an intersecting kaleidoscope of Being
In a rainbow refractive wave pattern:

A corpuscle of light on the ocean...
The transparency of my body with the rocks...

Sometimes the only way to summarize my feelings
is to draw--

To collapse the frenzy in my limbs enough
To make a mark out of profound appreciation
For my existence.

Share your presence with others, no boundaries,
Completely openly lovingly.

Love is what makes us alive,
That is why we feel so alive when we love.
Service is being available to love.

Life is the combustion of love.

That we love ourselves here,
That is the true magnificence
In the mountains of being.

We are constantly drawing the line between
love and not love--
Enter into the Non-duality Zone.

All judgements dissolve in the Vast Expanse.

It's as though we are co-conspirators of consciousness--
Everyone, everywhere, everywhen,
Mixing up our openable minds.

It's as though we could gather clouds in the sky
And people into our lives.

Like an eruption of consciousness,
We discover the source of love.

Experience yourself as the Source
And appreciate every moment as perfection.

Sunrise--Sunset.
Thank you, Thank you, Creator;
Profound unstoppable connectedness of all beings,
Pattern to everything, most radical no-thing,

The Vast Expanse.

Alex Grey August 22,1994

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've recently become obsessed with him. I dunno how you didn't mention him to me before.

I see it in all your work, by the way. Little undertones of the... I don't know how to word it. The general paradox of individuality and the divine collective?

Mmm.